Shared from Howikis
Make a fat bomb for your weightloss
Edited by Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Maria, Lynn, Marian Raquel F. Roncesvalles and 2 others
Fat bomb: What is it and how does it work?
1. Fat bombs are snacks/foods which contain high concentration of fat.
Oftentimes, fat bombs are consumed by people who are on a low-carb diet, which prompts them to eat fat bombs as an alternative.
2. Ultimately, fat is our body’s main source of energy, it is the preferred fuel for human metabolism.
Actually, people only require minimal amounts of glucose (sugar), most of which are supplied by our liver regularly.
3. Fats are essential nutrients for a healthy body.
Our adipose tissue (stored fat), gives cushioning and insulation to our body’s internal organs aside from protecting nerves and moving vitamins throughout the body.
4. It may surprise you, but fat is our largest reserve of energy available for any activity.
Fat is stored automatically by our bodies when we consume more calories than we should. Ever wonder why fat was more desirable than a slim body during the ancient times? Because come winter or famine, those fat reserves can be used to nourish the body.
5. People prepare fat bombs for diverse personal reasons, some of those reasons are:
Extra energy during an athletic activity.
Energy source when dieting.
Alternative snack option.
Leisure and fun (for some)
6. If properly used and consumed, fat bombs can help greatly in losing weight, maintaining overall health, or holding your carb and protein cravings at bay.
Chocolate fat bombs
These are the most common kind of fat bomb, and if you’re new to this, I suggest you try this recipe first.
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
150g melted salted butter
60 drops liquid Stevia
150g almond butter
Cayenne Pepper (optional) FYI – spicy food makes you sweat more, and aids when you’re dieting.
1. Stir all ingredients in a big bowl, making sure that it is all mixed well together.
2. Put the mixture into small cake holders (cupcake, muffin, etc).
3. Put into the freezer for half an hour.
You can also keep your fat bombs in the freezer if you want.
This batch’ content would be 91 percent fat, 5 percent carbs and only 4 percent protein. Of course you could try putting other ingredients that you want in the mix. Some suggestions are nuts, cream, honey, vanilla extract, cocoa nibs from cocoa plants, dried fruits, etc.
From me! I made some fat bombs yesterday. Just to see what they tasted like. The recipe I used was a bit different
185 grams coconut oil
50 grams nut butter (almond or macadamia)
4 to 6 teaspoons xylitol or equivalent sweetness using stevia (sweeten to taste)
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
125 grams unsalted butter
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract/essence
Melt all ingredients together in a pot. I left the nut butter till last to create a swirl effect.
Cool mixture slightly and pour into ice-cube trays or silicone moulds.
Put into freezer to set for a few hours.
My problem was I used salted butter as its all I had so the bombs tasted a little salty and the almond butter was probably a bit old and didn’t melt and stayed in a lump so I had to remove it. Once frozen the coconut oil rose to the top and doesn’t look to nice! I will persevere and adapt the recipe and maybe check out the Banting site for some more details. I think maybe some double cream would be nice or maybe the first recipe on this page as not so much coconut oil! TOH had a couple and found them quite filling!